1) I really like guacamole (but not avocados...I know weird). I didn't eat much of it at all growing up , but i'm a fan and I eat it all the time now.
2)Walmart is not as accepted in southern California as it is in the rest of the United States and I must say I like that. I think I have seen maybe two while living here. Stay strong SoCal they can't take over the world if we fight hard enough haha.
3) California (at least the parts that I have been to) does not have drive through bank tellers. They have the driving lanes, but they just lead to ATMs. This puzzled me because I used to work as a drive through teller. Sometimes when I am in a hurry it frustrates me but in a way I am thankful. Banks are saying "Hey lazy, this isn't McDonald's get your butt out of your car and walk inside".
4) Californians must really love donuts. Growing up in Alabama were really only two different places to go if you wanted donuts, Krispy Kreme or Dunkin' Donuts. It is pretty funny, for California being more "health conscience" there are a zillion different donut shops and they all have names like "Happy Donut". Every time I see a new one I tell Kevin I am going to drive around taking pictures of every one that I see.
5) Not all Americans are lazy. I am always seeing people here running, walking, biking, roller blading etc... It is nice when you see families out being active together. I know this always existed but I see it a lot more here. I think it has a lot to do with the weather.
6) Stereotypes may exist for a reason. Before I continue please forgive me in advance. I don't want to offend anyone but here in California there is a stereotype that I have tried and will continue to try to disprove and that is that Asians are the worst drivers. Unfortunately, I am having a hard time building my case. Every time someone is blocking traffic by going 40 in a 65 and we look to see who it was....Asian. Someone merges into my lane without looking and almost hitting me...Asian. Slamming their brakes with nothing in front of them...you get the gist. If someone could please shed some light on this I would really appreciate it.
7) I miss my friends. Now, I know that is a no brain er but seriously, I miss my friends. I went from being very social to well NOT social. In my old age I have a harder time breaking the ice with new people and I hate small talk. Of course I have made some friends here and I am so thankful for them, but I wanted all of you golden oldies to know how much I wish I could be there for every wedding, every baby shower and well EVERYTHING. If you guys ever need ANYTHING just let me know. I love you!
Well I think that is all for now. I may post more later. Let me know what you think about what I've learned.