Sunday, February 10, 2008

Finally a second to write :)



Ok so the whole month of January has come and gone and we are already in the second week of February. Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I just haven't had much time to sit down and type.

Last month kevin and I started going to the gym. We got free month trial memberships to 24 hour fitness from one of Kevin's coworkers. It has worked out great. Kevin goes and does weights with him and I join a cardio kickboxing class. It pretty much kicks my butt, but its a lot of fun and I can feel a difference. Pretty soon I hope I can actually start seeing one :)

One exciting thing that happened last month was that my friend Liara came to California literally for a weekend. So kevin and I drove up to L.A to see her and Josh Parker who I hadn't seen since I was like 19. It was great. We all went out to eat and then when josh had to go to work the three of us went to see The Bucket list and then movie hopped into P.S I love you. They were both really good movies, but I didn't really know what I was getting myself into because I felt like I spent most of the night crying :)

I turned 26 this year which really makes me feel old for some reason. 25 wasn't bad, but 26 is heading me right towards 30. I had a great b'day though. Kevin planned a trip for us to Santa Barbara because I had never been there. Everyone kept telling me how beautiful the drive was and they were right!!! I kept saying um hey you wanna move here?? It was just beautiful. The hotel was stayed in was hilarious. Kevin thought he had booked us in a much nicer place than he had. When we pulled into the parking lot I could see the disappointment in his face. They were doing construction everywhere and well it just wasn't that nice. As I looked at the print out from the internet I realized that it was only given 2 1/2 stars for a rating. When I told him that he just looked defeated. He thought it was 3 1/2. I didn't care. I was gonna have a fun time. Who cares about the hotel. I just had to laugh when we got inside to see how it was decorated. We made the best of it and it makes for a fun memory. We went shopping and did some sight seeing and we overall had a great time. The girls at work surprised me with b'day cupcakes on my desk and a nice giftcard. Wendi, kevin's semi sister-in-law, called my mom to get the recipe for a chocolate chip pound cake. Which is the cake I remember having most for my b'day growing up. I thought that was so sweet for everyone to try so hard to make sure I had a great bday. I want to thank everyone again for all of the b'day emails and messages. They really mean a lot to me.

Well, I think that is really all to update you on now. Hopefully it won't be another whole month before I get to post again :)

No comments: