Thursday, July 9, 2009

IT'S A ...


When I first found out I was pregnant I was so surprised that I went straight to Kevin and showed him the positive test. Later that day I wished I had waited and told him in a creative way. Ya know, so I would have a fun story to tell. My family is all on the East coast so I informed them of our exciting news by phone. BUT since Kevin's family is here I decided to do something fun for Kevin's parents. We invited them over for dinner and for dessert we had a cake with icing the read "Heather is pregnant". It would have worked out great, but Kevin's dad wanted his cake right after dinner and Kevin's mom was content with waiting until a little later. Kevin and I looked at each other like "uhhhh what do we do?" We convinced Linda to come back to the Kitchen for dessert but she could tell something was up and she burst out "Are you pregnant?" When I simply showed her the cake she and Kerry were so happy they both ran up and hugged me at the same time. Eventhough it didn't turn out exactly like I had planned it was still a fun surprise, and now I have a story to tell :)

I had an ultrasound today to confirm the sex of the baby. I don't have a scanner so unfortunately I can't post a picture on here, but I can tell you that we are having a little GIRL!!! She looks perfectly heathly and so far we have been told we have nothing to be concerned about so we are super happy about that. I think Kevin's mom is really excited because her two older children have two boys each and are done having kids. Kevin and I are having the first grandaughter on his side. Its old news on my side, but I know my family is just as excited to meet this new member of the family.

4 comments:

mrs_stailey said...

That is so exciting!!! YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You guys are going to be awesome parents! :)

The Jones Family said...

aww 'm soo jealous that your having a girl!!! Let me know what name you decide on! I hope its not long till i have a girl.. how exciting. congrats!

Monica said...

Yay! The cake is wayyy cute! Love the idea! =)

Elizabeth said...

YAAAAY!!
When can I start sending you presents?