Friday, June 14, 2013

Fire hose fun

One thing I am loving about living in Nashville is the free parents magazine. You can pick them up at the grocery store, library, and pretty much any child friendly location. They probably have these in other cities, but since I am a first time parent, I am just learning about it. Each month a new magazine comes out and it gives you a list of events or classes going on every day of the month. Some are free and others have a small charge, but it is just great to know what is going on. I would be pretty clueless without it.

This past week I saw that a neighboring town was hosting a splash day with their fire department. That sounded pretty fun so I called up my sister-in-law and she and my niece and nephew joined us.

The fire department hooked up their hose to a hydrant at one of the community parks and sprayed their hose way up in the air and the kids went nuts.

Here are the kids lined up waiting for the hose to be turned on.






























































































They also had a sand volleyball court. So some of the kids decided to play in the sand.















And then this happened.





















So it was time to get back in the water some more.















It is so nice living near family. Of course, their is a chance that they could move out of state, but until that happens will try to get together as much as we can. :)






















No comments: