Thursday, December 20, 2007

My Dinga


Some of you may know that I recently lost a good friend of mine to suicide. Sometimes I still have to be reminded that he isn't here. You just never think that this is something you will ever have to deal with. Feeling as shaken as I do, I realized that I don't know how I would feel if I were his mother or sister or any family member for that matter. How are they going to get through this? So...I gathered up every letter that Deane ever wrote me and every picture I could find with him in it and I made them a scrapbook (I wish I had a picture of it). I spoke with his poor mother on the phone yesterday and it broke my heart. She has lost her baby. She thanked me for the book and said it really helped out. I thought maybe some of you who knew deane might want to write his family as well, but just didn't know their address. So here it is if you want to send them a card or something.
The Blakeslees
8126 Wesley
Boise, Idaho 83704

Deane,
I remember the first day I met you. From the first bite of your giant sandwich I knew we were going to be good friends. I will always remember our little inside jokes and the way you could make anyone laugh. I will miss your dancing and singing and your goofy rubber chicken tie. I just hope that you know just how much your friendship means to me and that I love you. I know you are looking down at all of us dressed in your cargo shorts, baseball cap and your bright yellow t-shirt.

Love Always,
Heather*

No comments: