Saturday, March 17, 2012

Such a big girl

A wonderful milestone has occurred at our house, and that milestone is the END OF DIAPERS (except at bedtime).  Two weeks ago I decided I was going to jump right in to this whole potty training business. I had done some reading online as to what might help, but all I really knew for sure was that I wasn't going ANYWHERE for the first several days.



















The first day was insane but every day got better and better. One thing I read to do was set a timer and take her to the bathroom every 20 to 30 minutes. That did NOT work for me. Really it just annoyed her because she knew she didn't need to go, and she didn't want to go near the bathroom.  So I just made sure not to turn the T.V. on, follow her around playing and watch for signs that she might be ready to try.  Every time she used the potty she got to put a sticker on her chart and eat a chocolate chip. It seemed to work pretty well. We still have some accidents here and there (mostly when she is busy playing and doesn't want to stop to use the potty), but overall she is a champ and we are really proud of her.

To celebrate, we took her to the "Mickey store" and let her pick out a present. After we hid the typical dollar bin treasures she always seem to find, she surprised us when she picked out a Woody doll as her prize.































































She is such a big kid now. Believe me, I am happy to be done with diapers, but it is sad to think about her not being a baby anymore.

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Awwww...good job Morgan! I probably could start with Lautala any time now, but I think it's me that's not ready...haha! I really have no idea what to expect...potty training my boys was super easy! Way to go Morgan...you're officially a big girl now! :)