Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Pinterest project: Ice block breakers

I found Another toddler activity on Pinterest I decided to try out. I went to the dollar store and bought a pack of rubber dinosaurs and then gathered up some little figures and bouncy balls we had around the house, then I put them in a big a bucket of water and froze them.

Later I took this block of ice outside, gave Morgan a hammer and told her to swing away!










































She seemed to have fun, except she complained that the hammer was too long. I think if she had a shorter one she would have gone a little more nuts.





































Here she is with all of her findings. I chose the little dinosaurs because it would be something new for her to play with and it felt like digging for fossils to me.






















Thank you Pinterest for another winning idea :)

No comments: