Wednesday, August 20, 2008

All good things must come to an end


Well I think it finally happened. I think we have had our last visitor for the summer :( So Sad....I love it when friends come into town! This time it was one of my best friends, Mark. The last time we saw Mark was at our wedding over a year and a half ago (unacceptable!), but I guess sometimes nagging does pay off because I have been consistently asking him when he was gonna come see us :). He finally gave in and came to visit this past weekend. We tried our best to show him a good time.

The first full day he was here I took him to Huntington Beach to walk around. We ate at the Sugar Shack for breakfast. I had never been there but it was really good. I can definitely see why there was already a line at 10:00 Am. We walked around the shops at Main St. and the little booths set up along the beach. I love going and seeing all of the people selling their handmade items. There is jewelry, Art, clothes and my favorite...The peanut lady! She poses peanuts on a piece of wood and then adds a grass skirt or a hat and writes along the bottom "Hula Nut" or "Baseball Nut". Mark bought his mom one with several little nuts huddled together that said "Family of Nuts". Haha I think it's such an oddball thing. I love that she is actually making some money off of this. After enjoying the beach for a while we went back to the apartment and cleaned up. Then that night we saw the first of three movies we saw that weekend, Tropic Thunder. I must say I actually enjoyed it. I didn't have terribly high expectations but i thought there were some really funny moments. I wouldn't recommend it for those who are ultra conservative, but if you don't let yourself get easily offended you should check it out.

The next day we headed out to Dana point to ride some Jet skis. That is always fun! We stayed out on the water a little longer than usual and because of that both mark and I couldn't walk right the next few days. It was quite comical. Just getting out of a chair took twice as long as normal. (I just wanted to thank you again Kevin for all you did to get the boats ready. I know it was a headache and I really appreciate it :) Later that night we went to see Pineapple Express. I liked this movie too. I wish I could recommend it to everyone, but I can't. It did have lots of language and well obviously it is about drug use. Not for young audiences.

Sunday we went to church. Mark got to witness what it is like for us to teach Sunday school (well really Kevin) to the 12 and 13 year olds. After church we came home and watched almost every video on you tube and played games. It was a very relaxing Sunday.

Monday morning Kevin had to fly out of town. Mark and I rented some Kayaks and I took him to see the Moon Jellyfish. I had only been once before but I thought it was so cool that you can actually touch them. That night we walked around Downtown Disney and saw The Dark Knight on IMAX. Of course that was amazing!

I really didn't get to take as many pictures as I would have liked and as you can tell from some of these pictures that when I did get to take some, not everyone was on their best behavior :)

Mark it was great to have you here. Thanks for taking them time to come visit. I had a great time and I hope you had as much fun as you said you did. I'm sorry I'm not a better tour guide. Maybe next time I will be more familiar with the area and know more things to do. I guess it is our turn to come and visit you. Hopefully it won't be another two years before we hang out again.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

aw fun!

The Jones Family said...

Dang what FUN you guys had! We need to come visit next.. since we're back in vegas... :)

Heather and Kevin said...

Yeah you guys should come and visit...That would be so much fun!!