Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Book Report


Let me introduce you to my latest obsession- The Twilight Saga. It is a series of books about a teenage girl named Bella and her relationship with a relatively young vampire (Only oh 90 years old or so :) named Edward.

I jumped on the Twilight bandwagon fairly late in the game, Probably a month before the fourth book was released. There were a couple of reasons why this series interested me. The first reason was that I found out the Author, Stephenie Meyer, is LDS. Just for curiosity's sake I wanted to see if her religious background played any part in the story. I also heard that they were making the first book into a movie. I wanted to read the book first and see how well it translated on the big screen. When I first told Kevin my idea he took a look at the size of the book and told me I probably wouldn't finish it in time for the movies release this November. Okay so It may have taken me over six months to read the Da Vinci Code. Even so, I took it as a personal challenge and just the kick in the pants I needed to start reading.

What I never expected was to get so caught up in the story. I can't even tell you what it was, but everyday I couldn't wait to see what happened next. I completely got sucked into the story and felt like I got to know the characters on a personal level. Now three months later I have not only read Twilight but the three books that follow.

I would really like to recommend these books to anyone who wants to get caught up in something. A lot of the buzz surrounding these books are that they are the next Harry Potter series. I never read those books so I can't exactly say if that is true or not, but if you would like to learn a little more you can visit the author's website at stepheniemeyer.com

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

That's so funny that your reading those books.. I have been so bored lately cuz I dont work anymore and all I have been doing is read! So, I have been considering getting into this series too... I didn't know she was LDS! That's sweet! Glad you liked them.. now i"m gonna go get them.

Elizabeth said...

Okay, I'm reading the first book now and I'm crazy about it. I've been reading it for 2 days and I'm 3/4 of the way through. Are the rest of the books as good? I think I might heart these as much as Harry Potter. Now to see the movie. =)