Monday, February 2, 2009

Groundhog's Day



I just want to thank everyone who called, emailed or texted to wish me a happy birthday today. I really appreciate it. I'm sure like everyone else...I have those days where I feel disconnected. I start to feel like I never get to catch up with friends because our lives get in the way. My birthday is one of my favorite days because I am reminded just how many amazing people I know and love. The simpliest card or email makes my day.

I had a rather relaxing (read lazy) day. I woke up, went jogging, ate lunch, watched pretty in pink and ran a couple of errands before Kevin came home. Then we just ate some dinner at home and watched some TV.

This past Saturday our family got together for a little pre-birthday party at the bowling alley. It was a lot of fun and I am so thankful that everyone was able to come. After bowling we went back to our apartment for some cake and ice cream. Linda was so sweet and made me a chocolate chip pound cake (just like my mom

would make). A few couples from church came over to our apartment to join in on the fun and we all stayed up pretty late talking and getting to know each other. It was a really nice night and Kevin and I decided that we need to host more get togethers.

Thanks again for all of your thoughtful gifts and emails. I am so lucky to have such great people in my life. :)

No comments: