Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Grandfather Mountain

North Carolina is BEAUTIFUL! At least the parts that I have seen. My sister lives in Hickory NC and her house is surrounded by mountains and trees as well as all manner of wildlife. One morning Melissa took us to Grandfather Mountain to spend some time outside and enjoy the gorgeous view.

At one point on the mountain there is a wildlife reserve. It has eagles, otters, bears, lions, and deer.
This is the "mile high" bridge
Such an awesome view!
Oh and just a side note..."Forrest Gump" was filled here. Tom Hanks was filmed running up one of the steep curvy hills. They even places a little sign letting people know. Kind of fun :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

I'm so jealous of your journey! I'm so ready to see something other than flat and green when I look outside. Love your wrap around head band by the way :)