Friday, June 4, 2010

What an introduction

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have a best friend that lives in Nashville. After we were finished at the zoo, Elizabeth came and picked Morgan and me up (in the pouring rain).

She brought us back to her cute house where Morgan and I got some dry clothes. The great thing about friends you known since you were 10 is that you don't really have to entertain them. I was just happy to see Elizabeth and her husband Lee and enjoy their company. We had a great time eating Chinese food and watching TV.

Unfortunately, what I was dreading happened. Morgan threw up again. At their house! I kept apologizing over and over again. They were trying to tell me not to worry about it, but I couldn't help feeling sad that this was the first time they met my daughter and she was totally sick. I made a call to Morgan's doctor for a little advice and she told me to give her a little bit of children's Benadryl. So that's what I did and it seemed to help.
I asked Elizabeth to bring me to a restaurant that I couldn't find in California and she brought me to the Calypso Cafe. Yummy Carribean food. We started off with these awesome black bean and rice nachos.
Then I had a grilled chicken, mandarin orange and almond salad. It came with corn muffins with coconut on top.


These last three pictures make me smile. They are our attempts at taking a picture of ourselves.
Elizabeth and Lee thanks again for letting us come crash with you! It was great to see you. Hopefully, next time you see us everyone will be in good heath :) Miss you already!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love the last 3 pictures. The 1st one because Morgan is trying to eat your face, and the last one especially because she is making a fantastic face :)

Elizabeth said...

aww miss you already too!!