Sunday, October 17, 2010

Pumpkin Patch

Have you noticed that today's "pumpkin patch" is usually located in the back of a mall parking lot and consists mostly of inflatable slides? (The best being the sinking Titanic. Wow! That isn't the least bit irreverent.) That's why I was kind of excited when I received an email from a girl at church about an actual pumpkin farm close by. I don't think I actually went to one when I was little, but I thought it would be a fun thing to do as a family. Kevin's parents joined us this past Saturday at Peltzer farms. It was really overcast which was nice temperature wise, but it wasn't too great for picture sake. I managed to get a couple of cute shots, but I know they would have been much better with more sunlight.

I have found that when other people are around my daughter has no interest in me. This is Morgan ignoring me after calling her name about a dozen times.

 After posing for some pictures by the pumpkins we took Morgan to the petting zoo. Kevin held her hands and let her walk around to look at everything. She seems to really like animals and has no problem walking right up to them. She didn't seem to be scared of any of them. Not even the turkey which was a little creepy looking to me.
After the petting zoo we checked out the corn maze.
Peltzer farms also has a "train" that goes around the property, Ponies for the kids to ride on, and pig races, which we missed by like 5 min. I think it was a fun trip and I'm glad we got to enjoy it with Kevin's parents. Thanks again guys for joining us. I know Morgan loved having you there too!

No comments: