Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 4th

To get into the patriotic spirit of things I made this yarn wreath.





















Unfortunately, it never actually made it to our front door. I sat it on top of our mantel and there is stayed. I really like how it turned out though and now I have it for next year right?

This 4th of July we went to my sister, Lezlea's house. My parents were in town and we had a b'day party for my dad.











































I found an idea on pinterest (I know shocker ;) that I wanted to try out with the kids. You fill up a little kiddie pool with distilled water and dawn dish soap, grab a hula hoop and make some giant bubbles. Oh the kick is you make the bubbles AROUND the kids!



































































If you are having a hard time seeing the bubbles...click on the pictures to enlarge them. It was pretty neat, but the instructions did say it worked a lot better if the solution was mixed overnight. That and there was some wind that was a problem. I think we are gonna try it again another time. Maybe do it in a garage or something where wind won't be a problem.

After the kids were done with the bubbles they had to jump on the trampoline.

















































After all the outdoor fun we all came inside to rest for a little bit before we headed out in the evening to watch the fireworks.

Morgan crashed-HARD!










































Here is Morgan and Kevin before the fireworks started. I couldn't quite tell if Morgan liked them or not. At first she acted excited, but then she said she wanted to leave. In true Morgan fashion the second we gather our stuff and start walking towards the exit she tells us she wants to stay.

All in all it was a nice day spent with family.

1 comment:

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Love your wreath! So cute! And what a great idea with the big bubbles....I'm gonna have to try that one, my kids would LOVE it! Looks like you had a great 4th! :)