Thursday, July 26, 2012

Trip to the lake

The weekend after July 4th our friends invited us to their lake house. The lake house is in Alabama and I knew if I was going to be driving through B'ham there were some people I should try to see. Kevin took Friday off of work so we could meet up with my sister, Tamara and have lunch with her. I don't remember exactly when the last time I saw her was, but I know she hadn't met Morgan yet so it was over 3 years!
















It was really  nice to see Tamara. We had a great visit. The restaurant she works at was closed for renovations, but we were able to hang out and talk there for a while. It was great because Morgan was free to run and be as loud as she wanted without disrupting anyone's lunch. Hopefully, now that we live so much closer it won't be another 3 years before we see each other again.

After we left Tamara we drove to the Cemetery where my grandparents where buried. I was moving the day of my grandmother's funeral so I never really got to say my "goodbyes".

By the time we were finished at the cemetery, my friends were on their way to the lake so we met up with them and followed them to their lake house.

Kevin has really been missing riding Seadoos and playing in the water so he didn't waste anytime. After we put our bags in our room and got settled he disappeared and jumped in the lake. Of course, Morgan had to jump in too. I was really sad because I forgot my camera at home so any pictures I have of this weekend were taken on a cell phone given to me by my friend Elizabeth.






































Morgan LOVED riding on this watercraft. She started crying when we took her off of it. Kevin Said she kept telling him to go faster and faster. I think she is gonna be a little daredevil off a kid.











































































Thank you guys for inviting us! We had a blast :)

On the way home we stopped to visit my friend Monica and her family. She has a daughter that is six months younger than Morgan and we were excited for them to meet.


































It was great to see the Ishee family because I think it has been at least three years since I have seen them too. Morgan and Ava got along so well which is bittersweet really. Sweet because it is so fun to see your kid play with one of your best friends children ,but a little bit bitter because you realize how much more fun it would be if you lived close enough so they could play often.





















We will definitely have to make it down to b'ham to catch up with more friends I haven't seen in so long.

No comments: