Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pinterest project: Cloud Sand

I came across a recipe on Pinterest for what they called "cloud sand" it looked like something that was right up Morgan's alley so I gave it a shot.






















All it is is 8 cups of flour and 1 cup of baby oil.





















What makes this mixture special is that when you pack it in a cup or pail it keeps the shape. Just like wet sand.










































She had a great time with it and I was able to get a few little chores done. Morgan loves to include me in all of her games and activities so it was nice to find something she didn't mind doing by herself.






















Of course it got a little messy. It was a good thing I thought about putting that towel down or it would have been a disaster.





















After she was done playing with the sand by itself I told her to leave the room for a minute so I could hide "treasure" for her to find. Then I just slipped a few small items in the sand for her to dig for.


































She makes some of the funniest faces!






















That's better!

I would consider "cloud sand" a success and would recommend it to any other mom looking for something to do with your toddler.

No comments: