Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome 2011

Yes, welcome 2011 with open arms! My husband and I constantly talk about how rough last year was for us, and we are both optimistic that this year will be much better.

For a few years now on New Year's Eve Kevin and I will write out some family goals that we want to achieve together. Those usually include financial goals as well as spiritual ones that we work towards as a family. We also write out a few personal "resolutions" that we hope to keep throughout the year. Some of mine this year are:
1) Finally lose the baby weight!
2)Be a better wife/mother
3)Learn and new skill or hobby
4) Run a mile in 9 minutes or less (in high school I could do it in under 7...sheesh)
5)See my family at least twice this year
6)Try a new healthy recipe once a month
7)Share my testimony with a friend

After going to bed at 11:30. (I couldn't even make it to midnight!) We woke up in the morning and celebrated the first day of the new year by going to Big Bear and playing in the snow. We literally drove up the mountain, stopped on the side of the road, got out, and played in the snow. We were not the only ones to do this. We saw several families with the same idea. We just found a spot that no one had claimed yet. It was fun to see how Morgan reacted to everything. At first she was all for it, but then she didn't like the new cold, wet ground.
It was a fun day and a great start to 2011. Happy New Year everyone. I hope this year brings nothing but great things. :)

No comments: