Sunday, July 31, 2011

One night in Nashville

After my parents party, Kevin, Morgan and I packed up and spent the night with my friend Elizabeth and her husband, Lee in Nashville. We got their close to midnight and Morgan was wide awake and ready to play with their dog, Bela. The problem was, Bela wasn't quite sure if she wanted to play with her. Morgan would walk towards her with her excited toddler "scream" and Bela would take off. It was so funny to watch. By the next day I think Bela warmed up to her and they were friends.

After we got some sleep, we woke up and got ready for the day and headed out to brunch. We ate at Monell's restaurant. WOW! It is a historic house that was turned into a restaurant and what I love about it is the friendly feeling. You sit at a table with complete strangers and pass the food around the table like a family dinner. It literally feels like you have been invited to eat with them, instead of paying for it. The food is pretty awesome too. It is a fixed menu, but there is so much food you have more than enough to choose from. I would recommend anyone try it if you are ever in the Nashville area.

After brunch we went and saw the new "Winnie the Pooh" movie.  It was the first time we took Morgan to a theater and I think she did pretty well. Before the movie started she just wanted to run around the chairs and basically anything to not have to sit still, but once the movie started she did pretty good.  It fell right around her nap time so at one point she wanted to fall asleep, but would open her eyes quickly after they had closed to see what was going on with the movie.

When the movie was over we took her back to the house so she could nap, and we relaxed and hung out.

When Morgan woke up it was about time to have dinner so we headed out for some tasty Southern Barbeque.
After our delicious and filling dinner, we drove over to a lake that is right next to their house.
And then I looked over and I noticed that their were hay bales across the street. Don't ask me why because I really don't know, but I have always wanted to take pictures on top of hay bales. So...
Those suckers are A LOT harder to get on top of than I thought. Kevin had to give us a little boost. Now I can check that off of my weird list of places I want to take pictures.

Thank you Elizabeth and Lee for letting us some and stay with you. It was so good to visit and catch up, and Elizabeth I am so lucky to have lifelong friends like you in my life. You are awesome!


No comments: