Friday, August 5, 2011

The Biltmore

Before this trip I didn't know what the Biltmore Estate was, but I'm glad I got a chance to check it out. It was the home of one of America's wealthiest families, the Vanderbilts. It sits on 8,000 acres of land, and besides having a house the size of a castle, it also has beautiful gardens, a petting zoo, a winery, and a separate Inn for people to stay in. We weren't allowed to take any pictures inside the house, which was a shame. Each room had a different "theme". They also had a bowling ally and indoor swimming pool in the basement. Here are some of the pictures I was able take that day.

To be honest, I probably would have taken A LOT more pictures if Morgan weren't with me. She got really cranky during the tour and Melissa's stayed with her while my mom and I went to the basement. She got a little bit of a nap in while the rest of us ate lunch, but when she woke up it wasn't fair to keep her strapped in.  So, when we got to the gardens I let her run free. You can tell from her face she was super happy about that.
After the gardens, we stopped by the petting zoo area so Morgan could see the animals. She really liked the goats and sheep, but can't say either yet so she just points and says "Baa, Baa"!
Checking out the Biltmore was a really neat experience. We didn't see EVERYTHING and it still took up our whole day. Man we felt like we got quite a workout that day. :)

No comments: