Sunday, January 13, 2013

Morgan's 3rd

For Morgan's third birthday, I couldn't decide if I was going to have a big party for her and invite her little church friends or if I was going to just do a low key family thing. Her birthday falls right among all of the Christmas chaos and I found out our ward Christmas party was actually ON her birthday. SO....I decided for the low key family option. I think maybe next year I will have a bigger party, but plan to have it before thanksgiving so she doesn't get lost among the hustle and bustle.

My sister, her grandkids, my sister-in-law and nieces and nephew came over from Cookeville to help us celebrate. We met up at the Opryland hotel and checked out all of the Christmas decorations that they had up. Then after that we came back to our house for dinner, cake and ice cream.







































































I was pretty proud of my number 3 cake. It is made out of two bundt cakes put together. Morgan picked strawberry and funfetti as her two flavors. The version of this I saw on pinterest had stripes all down the cake made out of m&m's. I just didn't have to patience for something like that :).


















































I'm really glad I went with a small family party. She had a blast! I know we have plenty of b'day parties in our future, but I'm ok with getting away with the small ones while I can.

No comments: