Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Music and friendship

As the one year anniversary of Deane's death approaches I can't help but remember this time last year and how I felt my life had forever changed. I no longer had my friend to talk and laugh with. Instead all I have are my memories.

I remember him teasing me about boyfriends or my taste in movies. We would always have discussions about the "good ole days" and how we would wish that we could rewind time to when our only responsibility was high school. Back then we would both pray and pray that we would pass Algebra and not have to take summer school. I remember when he took me to my Jr. Prom and we spent half the night sneaking into the background of everyone's pictures. We had a blast! I miss him terribly.

I have heard that smell is one of the strongest senses connected to memory and although that may be true, I have found that certain bands or music remind me of certain experiences or people. I have realized a lot of the memories I have of Deane are directly related to certain songs. Here are just a few:

Blink 182-Dammit
112- Anywhere
Sisqo- The thong song
Marvin Gaye-Lets get it on
Ludakris- What's your fantasy
Pearl Jam- Oh where oh where can my baby be
Outkast-B.O.B

Each one of these songs will always have a special place in my heart and I know that every time I hear them I will remember my dear friend.

I miss you deane...I will love and remember you always.